Directors are hired in Winter Quarter to be hired on for the following academic year.
They consist of 2 directors for the divisions of Concerts, Special Events, Contemporary
Culture, and Films & Lectures, and 4 directors for the Marketing division. All events put
on by ASPB requires a majority vote by all directors. The Leadership division consists of
the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and Marketing Chairperson, however they must be a current board member
(at least 1 year experience) in order to apply.
Term for directors is either 12 months (June-May) for Director of Concerts, 11 months
(July – May) for Directors of Special Events, and 2 Marketing and 10 months (August –
May) for Directors of Cultural Events, Films and Lectures, and 2 Marketing.
Director positions are competitive and held to a high standard of responsibility. The
Director position requires a time commitment of about 20 hours a week which includes;
8 mandatory office hours per week, attendance at ALL ASPB events and weekly board
and division meetings, and holding regular division VIP meetings.
- Must be full-time enrolled undergraduate students
- Must maintain a quarterly AND cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Strong initiative and willingness to learn and ask questions
- High ability of responsibility and accountability, especially in follow-through
- Maintain organized files and budget; strict adherence to deadlines
- Maintain a level of professionalism in all correspondence and interactions with campus
officials and students
- Leadership capability and flexibility in working with others as a follower and leader in a
- Dedicated and strong work ethic, willingness to go above and beyond the
requirements of job and duties
- Responsible and capable communication skills that demonstrate professionalism and
promote an aware and inclusive environment
- Past experience through the VIP program is strongly recommended and considered